Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Post on "Getting Out There"

So the in the wake of the BigEvent the good work of our little nonprofit continues on. We have liquid assets for the moment so I’m going to buy some nice bookcases for the office. The preparations for next year’s awards begin as box after box of books come in to be judged. That’s why the need for bookcases. I’m also making a lot of phone calls thanking people. Which leads to...

I emailed big deal screenwriter ME (he’s the guy who polished my draft of the BigEvent script) yesterday. We’re going to get together next week for a chat about the “the business.” If I’m lucky he’ll agree to read Chronic Psycho. I’ll also tell him about Not for Profit, a sit-com I worked up last year for a contest. And since he created a sit-com that ran for five seasons he may be helpful. That’s the comedy angle.

I have also emailed RS, a big time working writer who I met at the awards. I asked him if it might be possible to chat. And if he agrees then I’ll ask him to read Sandow. He (and his wife) is completely in line with the “manifesting” and “positive vibration” action that is happening in my life right now. So I feel good about him.

There are two other writers who are also prime targets. I have not quite figured out the correct approach for them. Why I think of Hollywood people as skittish deer, I don’t know. Anyway. I have some comedy writing and some dramatic-period writing. Those are my two prongs.

My Free Will Astrology horoscope said this week, “People with less skill than you have won out because they had more raw drive than you. Now I'm alerting you to the possibility that the same damn thing could happen again soon unless you take vigorous action.”

Whether or not astrology is based in reality or not is something that I don’t want to debate. But let me tell you the truth of the above statement has moved me to vigorous action, and that’s the important thing.

I want to be able to support me and Sweetie (and little Rabbi Jr. when he or she comes along) with my writing.

Also, we are reading Chronic Psycho this weekend at my house. Having a few people over. It's kind of scary to open the thing up like that, but I think it's a great and important step.

No comments:

Post a Comment