Sunday, December 18, 2005

Um, dude, it's take your pick day...

Door Number 1 – Fascism

Door Number 2 – Big Brother

Door Number 3 – Imperialism

I have a coworker who thinks that Bush is going to be impeached after the 2006 midterms. I think that’s wishful thinking, but, god, I’m wishing real hard. What’s scary about the neo-conservative philosophy is that it’s largely based on fear. Fear of poor people, fear of brown skin, fear of The Other. It’s especially hard to take that the White House authorized warrant-less domestic spying on behalf of protecting the people of the United States. His actions make us less American. It’s good that he’s still relatively young. There’ll be plenty of time for him to face the firing squad.

***

I want to throw some crazy props out to J.C. Coates. You are a baller among bloggers. Your stats are amazing. Double doubles on the comment boards. And a behind the back slam dunk with two dead dogs. All net!

RE: my use of “ludacris.”
I just didn’t know how to spell “ludicrous.” And I was too lazy to look it up, but I did know how to spell the rapper's name.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the crazy props; I will put them to good use decorating my lavish/confusing stageset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW: The "behind the back slam dunk with two dead dogs" sounds like a dunk made up by Kenny Walker for a slam dunk contest.

    (and, no, I'm not trying to pad my "stats" with a second comment on this post, I just forget to say stuff as I'm typing)

    ReplyDelete