Saturday, January 7, 2006

New Year

Happy New Year everybody. Please give Internets a hand. He did a wonderful job and we may see him again sometime. Thank you, Internets.

I am sensing huge changes coming this year. Some of those changes had their seeds planted in 2005, and some even earlier. Already two of my co-workers have left our little non-profit, one voluntarily, one not. What these changes mean for me is hard to tell.

I would like to share with you some of the phrases that I'm using this year to keep the energy in and around me flowing in a positive direction:

We always have plenty of money.

I always get paid lots of money for my scripts.

I always acknowledge and follow signs and take advantage of opportunites.

I always get everything I want.

There are a couple of others, but they are more personal and not to be shared with the public. As you can tell I spend time thinking about my writing career and making money. If I spend so much time thinking about these things, I figured, why shouldn't I think about them in a positive way, rather than a negative way? Negativity wasn't doing me much good.

And my primary goal for the year, among (but slightly above) my many others goals, is to write professionally so that I can leave my job.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen that list of yours:

    I will stop thinking about that scene from Brokeback Mountain.

    I will develop mad Halo 2 skilz.

    I will stop eating gravy sundaes.

    I will touch my elbow to my nose.

    I will stop doing that annoying thing that everyone talks about but no one will tell me because it's too embarrassing.

    This is the year I will bowl a 300.

    This is the year I will teach my cat to skip.

    I will finally pen that letter to Chuck Norris to thank him for being my life-guide that I've been too shy to write.

    I will watch The Call of the Wild.

    I will stop obsessively watching Sailor Moon.

    And I will stop trying to memorize all the words to R. Kelly's "In the Closet 1-12" It's just not worth it.

    Oh. Wait. I'm sorry, that's MY list. Yeesh. When did I write that? Oh yeah, right after going to see Brokeback Mountain with Ali.

    In Vegas.

    Wait, DID we go to see Brokeback Mountain?!



    Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jason B.

    It has always been my goal (not just for the new year but for the previous 3 years) to win the Powerball so I can pay you to leave your job and write professionally.

    Love J.C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will do good in the field of rhinoplasty.As shaping or reshaping up of nose will add different and better look to the face.This will definitely improve one's look with well suited nose structure .

    ReplyDelete