Monday, November 30, 2009

A church

(A visit from guest blogging person, I. Squirrel, aka Mrs. B) I dreamed last night about going to church (I spent a good portion of the evening looking at the website of a local Episcopal church) I liked the church in my dream because it was decorated by "William Mackintosh" (A dream hybrid of William Morris and Charles Rennie Mackintosh I think). One thing I know about William Morris is that he was a big proponent of posessing things that are useful and beautiful. An important sentiment.

I want to find a church. Our kid(s) needs to have some kind of religious education. If we are going to celebrate holidays like Christmas and Easter (which we are) we need to have some kind of spiritual basis otherwise it is just awful. Should we try the Episcopal Church downtown? I liked everything that I read on their website (I know that sounds incredibly cheesey but hey how else do we screen things these days?) I know I have said that the Jesus-ness of a church like Episcopalian has made me a little woozy but I realize that the thought of continuing through life especially life as a parent without some kind of religious grounding makes me woozy too.

Here's another question for you: Is there anyone in the world right now who wishes they could trade places with Pres Obama? Sarah Palin might be making noises about it but seriously....Ugh! When is he going to be featured on "Dirty Jobs"?

No comments:

Post a Comment