Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snow for the first time again

It snowed for the first time this season yesterday. It is a very strange phenomenon. First it gets very cold. Then small pieces of frozen cloud come down from the sky. I had heard about it before and even lived through a winter last year, but I did not expect to be confronted with it again. It is all so odd. It is surprising to me that it snows, but I am surprised that I am surprised. I lived through my first winter in New France last year and it was brutal. Would it ever end, I thought? Indeed it did end. Would I ever thaw out, I thought? Sometime about August I did thaw out (we had a very mild summer). Along the line I forgot that it would happen again. And here it is.

The kid and I were home together as the snow started to fall outside our window. Eventually we decided that we needed to go out into it. Eating snow is her favorite method of playing in it.





















She was playing with playdough. She made a big heart, and then she put the little heart on top, and she said to me, "I'm going to put my heart in your heart." My heart melted.

1 comment:

  1. The snow looks glorious. And the heart--omg too sweet.

    ReplyDelete