Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A church part 2

We tried the Episcopal Church in New Spain [California] once. I really liked it, but you thought it was too Jesus-y. And it was Jesus-y but it was nice. This guy was there (yes, at the service, in the forward pews). We never went back. I really wonder if you can go to church or if you just want the kids to go. I know you have that whole Catholic thing in your background. What I really think is that you want to go to Unitarian church, but I can't go. I just can't. I can deal with the Friends, I think, but I'd give the Episcopal's another shot if you would.

I actually like the Episcopalian service. It's like the Catholic service and it has lots of ritual and color, and they're gay and women friendly which leaves one with a clear conscience. The only thing that I'd say is that I'd prefer a church close to our house.

1 comment:

  1. We joined All Saints in Pasadena before the bug was born. I like that it reminds me of the Catholic church I grew up in without actually being Catholic. You know?

    ReplyDelete